Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Few Pros and Cons

Like I explained the other day, I am definitely excited to furnish our new house. Now that move-in day is getting closer, I have done a lot of online looking and even a little in-store hunting for some things for the house. One of the first things that we will probably buy is a sofa for the living room. We are pretty set on getting a sectional with a chaise lounge. I can see all four of us cuddled up on it for a movie night and also Aaron and I kicking our feet up together after the kids have gone to bed.

The sofa below is from CB2 and costs around $1800. I've admired it for awhile and included it in my mood board that I did awhile back. You can see it here even though I've already started tweaking things in my head a little (well, maybe a lot). As for this particular sofa, allow me to list a few pros and cons.



DualSectionalPebbleS13
image via www.cb2.com

Pros
  • Mid-century modern look
  • Love the tufting!
  • It's reversible, which means the chaise can go on either the right or left side.
  • Nice size at almost 98" wide.

Cons
  • Pretty pricey
  • Only comes in two colors - light gray and brown. I like the gray but the light color makes me nervous with kids. The brown would be too matchy, matchy with our hardwood floors.
  • Can't try it out before we buy and I'm not sure how comfy it would be.

Here is option number two. This one is made by Ashley Furniture but I don't know if anyone actually carries it in stock in my area.




image via www.ashleyfurniture.com

Pros
  • Much better price at $840
  • Even larger at 116"
  • Seems a little loftier and more comfy than the CB2 option
  • Still has some tufting that I like.
  • A little darker color
Cons
  • Not reversible, although, it is available with a left or right chaise.
  • We haven't been able to find it in any stores so we can try it out first.

And, here is a third option that I've seen at Ikea.


KARLSTAD Sofa and chaise lounge IKEA A range of coordinated covers makes it easy for you to give your furniture a new look.
image via www.ikea.com
Pros
  • Price is also good at $848
  • Good size at 111"
  • Lots of fabric options and I really like this charcoal gray one.
  • We can go to the store and try it out and feel the fabric
Cons
  • Not as detailed
  • Not reversible
  • Seat height is only 17" high, which may be a little short for my 6' 2" hubby
So, which one would you pick? Would you splurge or go for one of the less expensive options? Have you ever purchased a sofa online? How was your experience? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...