Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Play Things

I can't believe that our little man, Will, is going to be 10 months old next week! He is growing so much, so quickly. I have to admit that when I was pregnant with Will I was very nervous about having a boy. All I had ever known for four years was all things girl. That was definitely my comfort zone. Now, that he is here I couldn't imagine things any other way. We are definitely blessed to have two healthy and happy sweeties!

 
 
It has actually been a lot of fun delving into the world of boy toys. Not that I get particularly hung up on boy vs. girl things. Audrey loves playing with Will's cars and trains and you should see the way Will interacts with Audrey's dolls. He really gets a kick out of "talking" to them! Today I thought I would share a few of Will's toys that he and I are especially loving right now.



These cute little cars were a gift from Aaron's parents. I love the unexpected colors. They are also a lot of fun to play with because they are the type that you pull back and let go! Will's favorite thing to do is to spin the wheels with his finger. The brand is called B. Toys and you can get them at Target.




The Kindergarten teacher in me is loving this gift from Aaron's sister and brother-in-law. What a great idea to have a child begin interacting with his name as early as possible! I'm not exactly sure where this is from but I do know that it was ordered online.


 
I kind of have a thang for wooden toys, so I've been a big fan of Melissa & Doug toys since Audrey was little. I always find great deals on them at TJ Maxx. I must say that my hubby was pretty excited to see this under our tree for Will. Santa did good!

 
 
Speaking of wooden toys. These wooden blocks are a big favorite of mine. Both Audrey and Will enjoy playing with them. They are made by Grimm and I was able to order both the rainbow and the waves from Amazon.

 



I love the open-endedness (is that a word?) of these blocks. They provide unlimited play possibilities.
You can stack them...



 


 
 
Make tunnels...
 
 
 
Or, whatever else comes to mind... 


 
My mom and dad gave Will this adorable wooden rosary. He loves to use it to "say" his prayers. I think it has also helped while he has been getting his teeth. Don't worry, I checked and it is completely non-toxic. 

 



Last but not least, look at how cool these ABC nesting blocks are! I also got these from Amazon and they are from the artist Charley Harper whose work I've admired for awhile now.


 
I think the illustrations are super cute and, of course, Will can't get enough of knocking down the tower. The best part is that Audrey loves to play right along with him. She'll build the tower and he'll knock it down and they will both laugh. Melts my heart every time!



 
So, if you are in the market for some new play things for your little one; these things come highly recommended. They are what you call "baby-tested and mommy-approved!" 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...