Saturday, January 5, 2013

Let the Countdown Commence

 It was Thanksgiving when I last shared progress on our new house. If you missed that post, you can find it here. At that point, drywall had been installed and they were prepping to begin interior finishings. Well...about six weeks later and the final interior work is wrapping up. So, I've decided that I should begin an unofficial countdown. Not that we've actually been given a move-in date. That would be way too much to ask. Actually, we had one at one point and it was November 23rd. Right. But I'm confident (I use that term loosely) that we are weeks away. As in, no longer months away. So, on to the good stuff. It still looks a little rough because there are some finishing touches that need to be completed like final coats of paint, carpeting, staining, etc.
 
Welcome to our living room! I've shown this room before but now it is painted and the trim has been installed. The color in this room and much of the main living space is called Proper Gray by Sherwin Williams. It looks great on camera but sometimes I think it looks a little purplish in person. I really hope that once the final coat is on and all the furnishings are in that goes away. I hate picking paint colors!
 
 
The floors are  hardwood but are covered with cardboard. We actually have yet to see the full impact of them. Later, I'll show you a small glimpse of what they look like.
 
 
                             
 
The entryway is the same color (sorry dark picture). The door will be stained to match the floors. There is crown molding in here and the dining room. Just listen to me. Do you know that a couple of years ago I probably wouldn't have been able to tell you what crown molding was?
 
 
Here is the dining room. I wish you could see the chandelier because I'm absolutely in love.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to take pictures of lighting. I need to research how to actually use my camera, I guess.
 

 
This is the dining room and the foyer together.
 


 
Just around the corner is the powder room. So, I went with a pop of blue in here. What do you think? Is it too much? For some reason, I think powder rooms are the perfect place to go bold and shall I just say that I love all shades of blue.
 
This is also the best view of the hardwood floors even though they are completely dirty.

 
 
Okay, let's move on to the the rest of the main living space which is the kitchen area. These pictures are in varying stages. There will be three beams total that will be stained. We kept the walls white in here because there is a lot of dark wood going on. It's got a rustic vibe but I've tried to keep it modern with clean lines and industrial pendants.
 
 
I'm loving my 36" cooktop.
 




 
This is the beam on the opposite side.

 
Here is the nook with my green honeycomb pendant.
 
 
Let's now go into the master bedroom. We used the gray color in here, also.
 
 
Next up the master bathroom. The paint color in here is called Watery by Sherwin Williams. I thought it was fitting for a bathroom. This first picture is my vanity with a little makeup space to the left.
 
 
This is my hubby's vanity.

 
The jetted tub with completed tile work.


 
And, a very crooked view of the shower.

 
And, this is where the tour ends today. There is definitely more to see but I think I'll save those spaces for another time. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
 
 
 
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...