Thursday, January 3, 2013

DIY Name Art

I love the name art that I seem to see everywhere lately. The black and white ones are really pretty and I think colorful ones like this are fun and vibrant


Brent Sample
image via Hal Jaffe Name Art

I thought this would be a great gift idea for my brother for Christmas but like many things, I knew that I could save some cash if I attempted my own version. Being the wanna be photographer that I am I would have loved to take my own pics but I didn't actually get around to it. Luckily, I found this motherload of letter pictures that you can download and print for free. These images are courtesy of Leo Reynolds on Flicker. Amazing!

I printed 4x6 prints of the letters in my brother's last name and also purchased a 10x20 canvas. Just like my DIY Instagram Canvas that I shared earlier, I painted the canvas with charcoal craft paint. I didn't worry about the space that would be covered by the pictures, however, I did do several thin coats of paint.

 
 
Then, I just broke out the Mod Podge again to attach the pictures.


 
 
You could also purchase a frame and just frame the letters, too. I found that this way, however, was little more cost effective and I think the end result comes pretty close to my inspiration piece.
 
So, did anyone else get crafty for Christmas this year? I would love to hear what you did!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...