Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nursery Inspiration

Nine months is a long time to wait to decorate a nursery and I'm not talking about the nine months before the baby is born -- I'm talking about the nine months of Will's life that I've had to wait to put his nursery together. Why? Well, because our current house only has two bedrooms so Will has been sharing  with his big sister. And, sharing is a bit of a stretch since basically the only thing in her room of his is the crib. So, it is simply where he sleeps. Thankfully, in the new house, Will and Audrey will each have a space to call their own. I'm beyond excited to finally give Will the nursery that he deserves. Here is a quick peek of some of the ideas that I'm playing around with.


Nursery Inspiration
The bedding I already purchased from Land of Nod before Will was born. I loved the colors and the circle pattern. We will also be using the same Ikea furniture that we've had since Audrey was a baby. We have the complete set including the crib, armoire, changing table, toy chest, and wall shelf. I guess we went a little crazy, huh? (Funny story...at the time we didn't have an Ikea in our area so Aaron and I made an 8-hour round trip drive to the nearest store to get this furniture. Our local store opened about seven months later. I guess I just had to have it. Haha!)

So, my general plan is to incorporate some giraffe and map accents throughout the room. My goal will be to DIY as many of these ideas, as possible. They all seem very doable and seem like they can be created rather inexpensively. At the same time, I just want to keep things simple and know that it will evolve as Will gets bigger. The sad part is that I'm already thinking more in terms of a toddler room than an infant's nursery. Like, do I even do a mobile at this point? Won't he just be constantly trying to grab it and pull it down? I can't believe how quickly he is growing. I am convinced that the second child grows up faster than the first. I'll be sure to break it all down for you when I actually get into the space and start putting these things together. Until then, I am on the hunt for the perfect globe to make that light fixture!

 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...