Friday, July 27, 2012

A Little Fun & A Little Research

This week we left for a couple of days to go on a little road trip. This is what we found when we got back!





Can you believe it? We actually have a hole in the ground, which will eventually become our basement. So cool! The digging process is definitely moving quickly so I'll be sure to update you as things change.

As for our road trip, we went to Columbus to visit a long lost family member at the zoo. We could definitely see the family resemblance. No really, it was very cool how close we got to some of the animals. We also got to pet some stingrays, which was a first for us. Audrey got to feed them a fish and the look of disgust on her face was absolutely priceless. We definitely made some great memories there.





After all the fun was had, it was time to do a little research for the new house. I have always loved West Elm but, unfortunately, we don't have one where we live. So, I took advantage of visiting one while we were in Columbus. I took a few pics of things that I liked and thought could possibly work in the new place. Sorry if some of the pics aren't so great. I was taking them while also bouncing Will who was ready for a nap.




First of all, I immediately saw these baskets. So adorable! I love things like this because they instantly add two very important things to a design -- color and texture. 



I then saw these stools that I thought could be cute for the kitchen island. We are going to have a lot of wood in the kitchen/family room area. With dark wood floors and cabinets and wood beams on the ceiling, I'm going to have to be careful not to bring in too much wood with the furnishings. I don't want to look cabiny (is that a word?).These are an option because of the metal but the wooden seat still might be too much.  


Next, we checked out some coffee table options for the living room. This room will have carpet but Aaron is still encouraging me to tone down the wood. So, I'm thinking a glass top would be really pretty. I like this one but it was a lot lower then I expected it to be. Plus, the wood is a little more rustic than I think I want.


This is another fun option. I think it said that the top is made out of zinc or something.


Or, if we want to stay away from wood completely; these little tables are super cute. They are a little mid-century modern, which is the design style of been leaning towards lately. They do; however, bring in a more contemporary twist with the hexagonal shape.


You can see them again, here, in front of this sofa. I liked this sofa a lot and so did Aaron, which really surprised me. I always assumed he leaned more towards the traditional but he liked the look of this. I definitely know that I want to have a nice comfy sectional for the living room. This one just might be a little bit too small.


I then ran in to this gorgeous display! I am obsessed with mercury glass. It's so shiny and pretty but adds a little vintage flair to a room. I have already ordered the mercury glass pendant lights from West Elm, which I plan to share in an upcoming post. Just look at all the accessory options that I have to go with them. And, this is just a few. They also had lamps and a cute little owl figurine that I forgot to snap a picture of.


Another super cute find was this credenza. I definitely want something like this for the dining room. White would be a great option if we are trying to tone down the dark, brown wood.


I also like this dining table and decided that Aaron could easily make this. Well, make it yes. Easily, I'm not so sure.


I also loved these wall tiles, but, immediately they made me think I could DIY this for a lot less money. Just another thing to add to my list!


Well, that's all I have. There were many more fabulous things to see but this was definitely a window-shopping trip. I didn't buy one thing! Aaron was confused why I came and didn't buy but I'm just not ready to commit to anything, yet. I did, however, gain a lot more inspiration for our dream home.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...